Before getting into the best graphics card for video editing , we have to first reflect upon what all purposes does a home desktop serve?
For one thing, it could be used solely by you or it could also be sought after by the entire family members, so that’s two very distinct scenarios. Even at both scenarios, it is very unlikely that you resort to the desktop for a singular purpose, say gaming or watching movies and series.
No, it is rather more commonly for a culmination of many purposes, from gaming to conducting personal and professional work, to video streaming or even video editing. So let us here look into some of the very best options to consider for getting a best graphics card for video editing and rendering.
Do You Actually Need Graphics Card for Video Editing?
Every system needs a processing unit to capacitate various activities within the desktop, including graphics. Since recent graphics requirements in games as well as programming and other activities demand that there must be a seperate GPU for smooth functioning, there is both integrated and dedicated graphics to assist its functioning. Even you can get budget graphics card under 20000 with Greatest Hardware in 2020
For video editing, when it comes to high resolution and video rendering, it can only be facilitated through dedicated graphics linked to the CPU. This is why a graphics card is also called as a video card, since it serves that very function of running video editing and streaming without much lags and inconvenience, and also with a decent refresh rate.
Top21 Best Graphics Card for Video Editing
1. NVIDIA TITAN RTX
With a massive 24GB RAM size of GDDR6 memory capacity, even herculean tasks are easily surmountable with this product. The rapid speed of 14gbps is matched with an even speedy memory bandwidth rate of 672GB/s. It has 576 Tensor Cores for AI acceleration.
With 4608 NVIDIA Cuda Cores, there is nothing more to be expected from a magnum opus of a well reputed brand. The hardware interface is PCIE x16 and the wattage is 650 watts, which is not immensely heavy a load to carry. The item weighs 2.6 kgs and is just about as heavy as a thick laptop, so portability is definitely not its key feature.
- The best card for game developers, video-editors, 3D Renderers,AI, etc
- Graphics Card Ram Size -24 GB [GDDR6 ]
- Can running 14 Gbps for up to 672 GB/s
- 1770 MHz boost clock
- 576 Tensor Cores for AI acceleration
2. MSI GeForce RTX 2080
With a 11GB RAM with GDDR6 coprocessor, this graphics card is specialised for extreme gaming graphics requirements, along with video editing and video streaming. It possesses the all new NVIDIA Turing architecture, and combined with the GTX platform, it is the very epitome to sheer performance in gaming.
Although primarily for gaming, you can easily run video editing and rendering through its 352bit memory interface and memory clock speed of 2000 MHz. It supports a 4x display monitor with maximum resolution, and has multiple input connectivity options including 2x 8pin PCI-E power connectors.
- Support 4x Display Monitors
- 2x 8pin PCI-E Power Input Connectors
- NVIDIA Turing Architecture
3. ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
Gaming graphics card can hardly come any bigger than this, with an immaculate 11GB AMP edition GDDR6 graphics coprocessor, even hard rocks are petty stones in front of this device. With a plethora of options including Active fan control with a triple fan design, Game ready drivers and Vulkan API, gaming is at the epitome of its glory.
Video editing is also easily convenient with this as it contains 4352 Cuda core, 352bit memory bus and an engine boost clock of 1665 MHz. There are multiple connectivity options for you to link between different devices, which is quintessential when it comes to editing a video shot in a camera and rendering it.
- Active Fan Control
- Game Ready Drivers with OC Scanner
- Engine boost clock: 1665 MHz
- 3 x DisplayPort
- NVIDIA Turing Architecture
4. GALAX GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
High end graphics cards always offer the very best of premium performance in everything, rather than just what they specialise in.
Although this is a hard-core gaming graphics card, with 11GB GDDR6 memory capacity and a 352bit Blower edition DP*3 efficiency, along with innumerous other features to boast its superior status, like NVIDIA Ansel, NVIDIA G-SYNC compatible, and Vulkan API and OpenGL ⅘, this here is also capable of high end video editing and streaming. What supports its video editing possibility is its possession of multiple connectivity options and the flexible memory interface to run the functioning of editing smoothly without clutter.
- 11GB GDDR6 memory
- NVIDIA G-SYNC compatible
- 352bit Blower edition
5. GALAX GeForce RTX 2080Ti White
With the 1-click OC edition, they have really stretched to its full extent by delivering a mammoth 11GB GDDR6 graphics coprocessor, providing the absolute leniency in gaming performance and multitasking abilities.
It has a 352bit DP*3 efficiency like many of its competitors within their specific price range, and they have brought in intriguing features like VR ready, Real time Ray Tracing, NVIDIA Ansel, NVIDIA G-SYNC compatibility for easily making it all worthy of its glory on paper. Designed for USB type C and VirtualLink, there is DisplayPort 1.4, HDMI 2.0b as core connectivity options.
- Real-Time Ray Tracing
- VR Ready and Game Ready Drivers
- NVIDIA Ansel. NVIDIA G-SYNC
- NVIDIA GeForce Experience
6. NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000
Although not among the very peak of priced and performance graphics cards, this card, with a considerably less price, brings along an 8GB GDDR6 graphics for a trusting gaming performance, as well as other necessities like video editing and live streaming.
The hardware interface being PCI-E, it assures a smooth affluent transition between input in the CPU towards the GPU. Its wattage is at 160 watts, and has a video input interface of DisplayPort and DVI, for an enhanced capacity and capability in terms of video editing.
- Smooth affluent transition
- Powerfull one in less price
7. ASUS Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
The ASUS ROG (Republic of Gamers) series is a genre of technology and devices devoted to performing sheer excellence with breathtaking efficiency power. This ROG Strix OC White special Edition packs a 11GB GDDR6 of RAM capacity, which is top notch when it comes to delivering fast and graphics brimming necessities.
With the PCI-E hardware interface, the transition towards the CPU by the GPU is ever so smooth and liquid. It can kick up a boost clock of 1770 MHz in its OC mode, with their respective boost and base clock shifting from 1740 MHz and 1350 MHz. It is a well capacitated equipment for video editing too.
- Auto-Extreme Technology
- 4K gaming experience
- Respective boost and base clock shifting
8. PNY GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
Battery and accessories giants PNY has come to the market with a massive 11GB Blower Edition Graphics card with an NVIDIA CUDA cores of 4352, with clock speeds ranging from 1350 MHz to 1545 MHz when in boost. This card is a perfect installment for all your gaming plus your video editing requirements.
It has a 24/7 U.S based technical support to assist you in terms of its mechanics and technical details. With the NVIDIA Turing architecture they have amalgamated real-time ray tracing, artificial intelligence and programmable shading into the GPU.
- Auto-Extreme Technology
- 4K gaming experience
- Respective boost and base clock shifting
9. ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11G Turbo Edition
Powered by NVIDIA Turing, this Turbo Edition iteration of ASUS equips a 11GB GDDR6 memory capacity, and revs up a boost clock of 1560 MHz in the OC mode. With their 352bits memory they provide ample provisions for gaming as well as video editing.
They possess an 8mm dual-ball bearing fans with a cutting-edge shroud which gives a superior heat reduction technique by cooling and assisting airflow. The GPU Tweak II enables monitoring performance and streaming in real time very convenient and easy, and is also inclusive of many features like Game booster, X Split game caster, and WT Fast.
- Game booster, X Split game caster
- Dual-Ball Bearing Fan with IP5X Dust resistance
10. INNO3D NVIDIA Gaming GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
GeForce RTX derives 11GB GDDR6 memory requirements, and is loaded with the next generation memory for support, with an additional support layered by DirectX 12. With the features that is assured on paper, this delivers an absolutely magnificent performance and smooth transition when it comes to gaming as well as other necessities like live video streaming and video editing.
You also get to experience the futuristic VR performance with their respective headsets driven by NVIDIA VRWorks technology and VR audio. It takes up a wattage of 600 watts and is more or less heavy in terms of its energy load.
- Breakthrough gaming technologies
- Game ready drivers
- Ultra-high-resolutions and multiple monitors
11. ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
Republic of Gamers (ROG) tagging along with ASUS has been one of the smartest and effective decisions that took place within this market, and their products match their level of intrigue. With a 11GB GDDR6 processing unit, this is overclocked with 4352 CUDA cores. Powered by NVIDIA Turing, they charge a boost clock speed of 1560 MHz.
They have innumerous connectivity options which are highly beneficial for needs such as video editing, where you would need frequent linking with multiple devices and electronics. They have made it possible through a DisplayPort 1.4 and an HDMI 2.0 along with a VR headset.
- Supports up-to 4 monitors
- Auto Extreme and Max-Contact Technology
- ASUS Aura Sync RGB lighting features
12. ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP Edition
This is a very similar branch to their original RTX 2080 Ti graphics coprocessor by the same brand, and they have deviated very little from the original with this special edition.
Along with bringing the highly efficient 11GB GDDR6 memory capacity, they possess an overclocked boost clock of 1665 MHz. With 4352 CUDA cores, they are a notch up with their technical exuberance, also by featuring real-time ray tracing and DLSS Deep learning AI designed for an out-of-the-box hyper-realistic immersive experience. The cooling fans comes with maximized airflow and reduced noise pollution.
- 3 x DisplayPort
- New fan design provides maximized airflow
- VR ready, 4K ready
- Little expensive
13. GALAX GeForce RTX 2080Ti HOF Edition
With an assured record breaking brilliance instilled within the graphics coprocessor, this graphics card by GALAX comes with a 11GB GDDR6 memory capacity, with a 352bits memory bus. It possess 4352 CUDA cores with a boost clock of 1635 MHz and a memory speed of 14gbps.
It features real-time ray tracing, VR ready, Game ready drivers and Vulkan API for assisting its gaming functions. NVIDIA GeForce experience, NVIDIA Ansel, NVIDIA G-SYNC compatible drivers enables multiple layers of supports, even for works relating to video editing and game or video streaming.
- VR ready, Game ready drivers
- real-time ray tracing
- Frash look
14. GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
Gigabyte has entered the market with the same high end common GeForce RTX of a 11GB GDDR6 memory capacity. With a Turing architecture technology, they have a digital maximum resolution of 7680×4320 at 60Hz refresh rate, which is their key distinct feature that stands out from their competitors.
It effectively aids in a brilliant display when it comes to games or watching videos in HD and 4K, even beneficial in that sense for video editing including rendering. With a 352bits memory bus, and with connectivity options galore, it was awarded Wccf Tech editor’s choice award. It has a triple cooling system with alternative spinning fans. It comes with a 4 year warranty.
- Decent performance in low price
- triple cooling system with alternative spinning fans
- Littil heatup issu
15. GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition
This Xtreme edition by the brand Gigabyte tags along a 11GB RAM Graphics card with a windforce stack of 3x 100mm Fan cooling system, that enables advanced copper back plate cooling for heat reduction.
The core clock goes a range of 1746 MHz and 1632 MHz for Boost and base clocks in their OC mode. It consists of an RGB Fusion where there are 16.8M customizable color lighting with RGB Aorus logo illumination. It is designed for extreme overclocking, with a 12+2 power phase, and supports up to 8K display at a 60Hz refresh rate, which is highly influential for effective video streaming and even editing.
- 12+2 power phase
- 3x 100mm Fan cooling system
- 8K display at a 60Hz refresh rate
16. GALAX GeForce RTX 2080Ti Dual Black
With an 11GB GDDR6 352bit memory specifications, what makes this graphics card by GALAX stand out from its competitors, even within their same brand, is its ‘Xrystlic’ double-layered surface, with an RGB lightning fan.It has game ready drivers and has features like VR ready and real-time ray tracing.
It has Microsoft DirectX 12 API, along with Vulkan API and OpenGL 4.6 for an array of options to enable you to run functions. It is a very good choice for functioning video editing, with its numerous options for connectivity, like DisplayPort 1.4, HDMI 2.0b and HDCP 2.2. It has drivers which are designed for USB Type-C and VirtualLink inputs.
- Vulkan API and OpenGL 4.6
- USB Type-C and VirtualLink inputs
- RGB lightning fan
17. ASUS ROG Strix NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super Overclocked Edition
What this graphics card offers is a multifunctionality in terms of gaming performance and efficiency in miscellaneous activities such as video editing and video streaming with high resolution.
It has an 8GB GDDR6 memory specification and boasts of a boost clock speed of 1890 MHz in the OC mode and 1860 MHz in the gaming mode. The auto extreme technology enables premium quality and reliability with aerospace-grade super alloy power components. The max contact technology and a 2.7 slot width provides 2x the surface area than the previous generation heatsink, thus allowing for more efficient thermal transfer.
- Auto extreme technology
- Super alloy power components
- 2x the surface area
18. EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC Ultra gaming
EVGA, a core gaming electronics brand, has delved deep into delivering top notch technology specifications worth absolutely for the money. It has equipped an 8GB GDDR6 memory specification. Powered by the NVIDIA Turing GPU architecture, it gives a three times faster performance as compared to previous generation graphics card units.
The dual HDB fans offer a higher performance capacity with adjustable RGB LED configurations. It is built for EVGA Precision X1, which is EVGA’s all new tuning utility options for your monitors for an enhanced power overclock function, to ace it like a pro.
- RGB LED configurations
- NVIDIA Turing GPU architecture
- Dual HDB fans
19. MSI Components Gaming GeForce RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS
This OC edition of MSI graphics card is considerably low priced compared to the other products offering the same or slightly superior features. This has an 8GB GDDR6 memory specification, with a 256bit memory interface.
The HDMI and Nvlink connectivity options prove to be quintessential for creating a video through editing and rendering, as it can link multiple devices simultaneously. Powered by turing architecture, they have a dual torx fan for enhanced cooling technology and advanced heat reduction. The overclocked chipset provides a boost clock of 1830 MHz in the OC mode. It is a wireless type by using radio frequency.
- Dual torx fan
- HDMI and Nvlink connectivity
- Turing architecture
20. ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
It possesses an 8GB GDDR6 graphics coprocessing unit, with an overclocked EVO edition hardware. Its extensive options for connectivity enables it to be resorted to various other devices for gaming as well as video editing and streaming. Powered by NVIDIA Turing architecture , it has an axial-tech 0db fans that increase airflow through the acquisition of heatsink and also boasts of a IP5X dust resistance.
The GPU Tweak II makes monitoring performance viable and convenient than ever, and also provides for additional softwares like Game booster, Split game caster, waist and quantum cloud.
- Overclocked EVO edition hardware
- Axial-tech 0db fans
- IP5X dust resistance
21. MSI GTX1080 ARMOR
This mammoth of a graphics card is well within the budget if you compare it with the other graphics in this range, but it offers intriguing specifications just the same. With an 8192MB GDDR5X memory capacity, it is not at the very height of brilliance, but it still manages to deliver an excellent performance ratio in terms of gaming as well as video editing and other features. It has a boost clock speed of 10010 MHz, a really rapid efficiency that outwits its competitors.
It has a digital maximum resolution of 7680×4320 and a memory interface of 256bits. With the multi-GPU technology they have inculcated power connectors of different pins. It stands at a wattage of 500watts.
- Boost clock speed of 10010 MHz
- Maximum resolution of 7680×4320
- Multi-GPU technology
Points to be Kept in Mind While Choosing– Best Graphics Card for Video Editing
There are many things to consider while choosing a graphics card to purchase, right from what purpose it should arrive to achieve to the number of features it can possess. It is namely-
- RAM – Random access memory is a crucial part of how much the graphics card can capacitate, in terms of loads realting to video editing as well as similar activities including video rendering, recording, etc. A bigger RAM is always necessary to carry that load which is inevitably there in a function and run it smoothly and with ease. For high video editing requirements, 8GB and 11GB RAM is the most suitable as it easily surpasses all heavy challenges it faces its way.
- GDDR – Graphics Double Data Rate ensures the memory capacity is efficiently and rapidly processed and functioned. There are outdated as well as newer and very recent options, which are the better choices in this category. For video ending, if it is high-end involving great storage space for all the short videos, it is advisable for a GDDR5 or GDDR6.
- Cooling technology- Heat is an inevitableissue when it comes to graphics cards, as functioning these heavy loads in a frequent manner causes it to heat up. Hence it is essential that proper cooling technology is there so that it leads to lesser heat as well as lesser noise from the fans.
- Graphics interface- PCI-E is the generally sought after hardware interface as it effectively transitions the graphics input from the CPU to the GPU.
- Wattage- It is just as important to ensure that the graphics card does not take up a lot of energy and is energy efficient in that respect. Anywhere between 400-600 is a decent enough wattage.
RAM vs Graphics card for video editing?
Let us delve into some of the differences between using RAM and graphics card for video editing –
- Function – RAM in the CPU is used to function every single aspect that runs within the system, from it’s background functions to programs and applications including the ones we use frequently that requires high amounts of memory capacity. A graphics card is a seperate entity caryying its own memory capacity primarily dedicated to functions that require heavy loads, such as video editing.
- Speed – Graphics computation in a separate graphics card for video editing works much faster than a RAM, since it has other carriages along with as well.
- Energy – Having a seperate graphics card takes up more energy, so having a RAM with integrated graphics is better in terms of energy efficiency.
How to use graphics card properly?
Graphics card necessitates a whole lot of activities that are required for a system, including playing games, watching movies and even video editing and streaming. There are certain things to take care of while you use your graphics card, for a long-lasting and better experience. They are –
- Add additional GPU fan and liquid cooling system – Most of the graphics card after a certain price range are equipped with a cooling system that aids in heat reduction and reduced noise from the cooling fans. But for those graphics card which does not have that provision, it is better to buy an aftermarket product so that it helps you in reducing heat that is emitted from the card.
- Increase inside airflow – For a graphics card to function properly, it is important to have ample airflow within the inside compartment, as well as for keeping the insides of the case cool.
Does graphics card matter for video editing?
Yes, it does. Video editing requires lots of memory capacity for proper function, and also requires a fast computation. With a graphics card with a seperate RAM and double data rate, it can counter all the requirements necessary for video editing.
Which graphics card is best for video editing?
Any graphics card that possess at least a minimum of 4-6GB can function video editing. However for the high-end video editing requirements, it is essential you have a card with the peak of performance, with a 8-11GB RAM and GDDR6.
What graphics card for 4k video editing?
Only the very peak graphics card can facilitate 4k video editing without lags and clutters when rendering. NVIDIA TITAN and GeForce GTX 1660 are very good options to consider for 4k video editing.
How important is graphics card for video editing?
Having a graphics card is crucial for editing since it is only possible to edit high resolution videos through a dedicated graphics card. With an integrated graphics in the CPU, it cannot provide enough power and performance to properly edit high resolution videos.
What specifications do I need for video editing?
You basically need a high memory specification, namely RAM and GDDR, along with other features like multiple connectivity options and decent wattage. It is all derived through having a dedicated graphics card for this purpose.
Professionals have resorted to computer systems for editing and video rendering since ages. As we have stated here, some of the best graphics card for video editing can do a lot more in today’s world than you think. It can function artificial intelligence, it can power virtual reality and many other intriguing features unknown to mankind a decade ago. Video editing requires heavy loads that should be capacitated in order to appropriately render and edit, and graphics card does that job marvelously.
GetMyElectronic.IN based on helping online shoppers, who are actually confused about many products what choose and whatnot, I encourage you to get the right product for your need.